Child Sleep Coach in Northern Virginia
How does the program work?
- Look at your calendar and find a time when you have at least 2 weeks of “normal” activity (no vacations, weddings, pediatrician appointments, work schedule changes). Next, figure out a couple of times that you’d be available for the consultation.
- Send me an email with your possible dates, and I will confirm the time via e-mail.
- I will e-mail you a detailed questionnaire to fill out. This needs to be returned to me at least 2 days before our consultation.
- You will receive an invoice that should be paid immediately to confirm your consultation time.
- Get everyone on board – your spouse, nanny, and anyone else who regularly cares for your little one.
- Get excited! Soon, you and your baby or older child will be getting a good night’s sleep!
- We will go over your questionnaire and discuss how to approach bedtime, night wakings, and naps.
- We will address all your questions and concerns.
- If the consultation is held in your home, I will assess the nursery and provide recommendations to optimize the sleeping environment.
- We will discuss the specifics of follow-up support.
- We will schedule your first 15-minute follow-up call for the day after you implement the plan.
- You will make any necessary changes to your child’s nursery that we discussed.
- You will have several follow-ups calls and e-mail support. I will track your progress and make recommendations based on how things are progressing.
- Be sure to write down any questions that you forgot to ask during our consult and send me an e-mail with those.
I’m not located in Reston, VA. Can you still help me?
Yes, as a Northern Virginia child sleep coach, I have worked with parents all over the country. Although I would love to meet you face-to-face, we can meet via phone, video-conferencing,
Where are in home services available?
I can come to your home for an in-home consultation/bedroom evaluation if you are at any residence within 25 miles of my home.
Will you ask me to let my baby “cry-it-out” (CIO)?
No way! My definition of the CIO method is when you put your child down awake, shut the door and don’t come back until morning. I wouldn’t feel comfortable using that technique with my own child and wouldn’t expect you to either. My belief and methods fall under, The Sleep Sense Program™ Philosophy, which is a gentle approach where parents support their child while they are learning independent sleep skills.
We are all protective of our sleeping environment and we like the same things every night. Making a change to anyone’s current sleep habits will be met with some protest. The same will be true for your child. However, I will never ask you to leave your child alone to cry if that is not something that feels right to you.
That said; there will likely be some crying involved. How much? It depends on the child. I wish that they wouldn’t cry, but children typically don’t enjoy learning to fall asleep on their own. They cry to let you know that they want to go back to their old
The good news is that I will teach you methods to minimize crying and give you tips on how to cope with the anxiety it may cause. Also, it won’t last! At the end of the
Am I able to breastfeed and sleep train?
YES! I am a big breastfeeding advocate. Breastfeeding and healthy sleep habits can absolutely co-exist. Let me teach you how!
I have heard of sleep training babies, but are you able to work with older children?
Absolutely! I work with a lot of toddlers and preschoolers. The Sleep Sense program has worked with children as old as 10. Let’s set up a free consultation to discuss your older child’s needs. Just click on the ‘Book Your Free 15-Minute Consult’ button to get started.
My child and I share a room. Is it still possible to teach them healthy sleep habits?
Of course! Not every person has a
What are accepted methods of payment?
I accept cash payment or through Venmo.
When are payments due?
Payments are due in full prior to our scheduled consultation. For those that
How do you charge if I have twins?
Life is expensive enough with one child, let alone two. I do not charge extra for twins though I do encourage families with twins to work with me for 3 weeks instead of 2 week which does increase the cost by $100.
Why do you charge different amounts based on age?
Babies up to 18 months old have an easier time with accepting change than toddlers who have already had a long-standing relationship with their sleeping props thus needing 3 weeks to resolve sleep issues vs. 2 weeks.
My baby has acid-reflux. Can I still sleep train?
If their symptoms are manageable and you and your child’s pediatrician have found the right dosing/medication to keep it under control.
Is there a book you recommend if we cannot sign up for your services at this time?
Yes! I understand money constraints and not being 100% on board with hiring a sleep consultant. I recommend The Sleep Sense Do-it-Your-Self plan. This is the program in a nut shell (without the personal follow up support and customized plan).